Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bucket List #526: Polar Bear Plunge

In below freezing weather, I got the nerve (without any alcohol) to jump into Lake Michigan in the middle of February. I raised just under $100 for the Special Olympics and with some other crazies, we jumped feet first for charity. I am thankful that so many friends came to cheer me on (even though it was so cold that they called in bulldozers to break the ice so we could actually get in the water). After the jump ended, I took a victory lap in my bathing suit down the beach. It didn't matter that the sand was covered in snow and ice, I was on a natural high!

special o co-chairs!

getting ready to jump! (literally freezing my @ss off)

phonathon love from jenn and johnston!


rocking my one-piece.

victory lap!!!

After all the fun stuff ended, I fell asleep on the floor of our apartment. They claimed that I went into shock.. oops..

No comments:

Post a Comment