Thursday, February 9, 2012

He said the V word

Michael and I have been on three pretty fun dates. We had a great dinner at burger up over the MLK weekend, went to dinner at taproom and then a show at the basement, and we rocked the frist art museum last week. He's fun to talk to, really caring (he took me for ice cream despite being lactose intolerant), and he calls to say hi. And then.. Dun dun dun.. He said the v word. Valentines day. He called to see of I would "do him the honor of being his valentines day date" and then it all went sour quickly. We were supposed to see a movie at the bel court tonight but since he started using the v word I couldnt get myself excited about going. So what do I always do? Ignore the guy until he finally stops calling. So I texted to cancel and then realized that he's actually decent so I need to step up and just call I'm. I did it! I called him, admitted to the freak out over the v word and my newfound conclusion that I may be a relationship phobe (Amanda blames it on being the product of divorce). He was so thoughtful and understanding!

I know I shouldn't feel good about what I did, but I feel good about the progress I'm making!

No comments:

Post a Comment