1. Jason Aldean and Martina McBride, neither of which I was super excited about, stole the show. Martina got a standing O from 80,000 people.
2. Managed to make it through a Rascal Flatts concert without crying.
3. Heather's husband confirmed that there is no open container in vehicle law, unless you are the driver. Had an amazing time as the Designated Driver! Why, you ask. Cari warned approximately 50 randos about some cheese that was spilled in the stadium and provided a great deal of entertainment in the process.
4. We sat need a Special Needs field trip and made some amazing friends in the process. Shout out to Tim, Big Tim, and Warren for spending time with us. They are some huge country music fans who visited all the way from the Twin Cities. They promised that if we ever visited them, they would take us to the Mall of America. Shout-out to CMA Fest for being so accommodating to the Special Olympics population!!
5. The American Idol finalists made a surprise visit. If it wasn't for Kristie, I would have had no idea who they were.. but they were amazing.
6. Blue Bell and Ocean Spray showed up to feed us with free ice cream and cranberry juice all weekend. When the heat index is 110, you need those little pick-me-ups.
7. Line danced at Wildhorse Saloon for the first time. Yee-haw.
8. My car keys fell out of my bag at B.B. King's on Sunday night, but there is a guardian angel working there who found them!
9. Met Mary's boyfriend Mix Tape and his two buddies. What a crew.
10. Blake Shelton sang "My Perogative" .. as awesome as he is, I'd leave that song to Britney.
11. Miranda Lambert held a shotgun while she sang.
12. T-Swift = giant disappointment. Leave the E at home.
I can't shake these feelings of exhaustion. You'd think school being over would mean relaxation, but I've never felt so sleepy in my entire life. The lack of sleep during CMA fest was TOTALLY worth it.. and I will admit, despite being overheated all 4 days, I loveeeeed it. Only 362 more days until CMA Fest 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment