I really have fallen off the wagon this year with blogging. I think it's due to several reasons:
1. I have more of a life outside school this year so by the time I get home, it's super late and I'm exhausted.
2. What the kids say doesn't seem as ridiculous anymore.
3. I'm just making excuses for my laziness.
Fall break is about to end. It's 5pm on Sunday so it's time to get ready for the next nine weeks of teaching with the kiddos! Our roadtrip will be explained over the course of several days! Keep reading :)
Break unofficially started on Thursday night when I went on a date to the Predator's Game. Date, yes, date. I signed up for OKCupid in an attempt to meet new people in Nashville. Now that I'm officially staying here at least another year, I should start making more friends. Well, this website may not be the option. Let's call him Jay. Jay and I emailed back and forth for like two weeks before we exchanged numbers. We talked on the phone for like 90 minutes and it was really awesome. We connected, laughed, had a really great time getting to know each other. He asked me to the Preds game. Solid first date choice.. I mean, that's way more fun than coffee or dinner. Well, date is going fine. Of course, there are awkward pauses and that's typical. Then the Jewish question came up. Score for him, because I'm Jewish. He was in a five-year long relationship with a Lutheran girl and they thought that their relationship could withstand the religion thing, but it couldn't. So I'm glad that was brought up about an hour in. We then headed to Live on the Green and saw the Mummies perform. SUPER cool. They were dressed up and actually had really impressive voices. Place was packed and I was exhausted so we headed home around 10:30. This is when Jay became WDE "worst date ever".. We parked about 2 blocks away from each other. In between those two blocks he said, "Well, I parked here and you parked a block that way, so nice meeting you." UHM I don't think so. He didn't walk me to my car in a major city at night. Not cool. What made it even better was that I, of course, could not find the correct parking garage where my car was. Then, as I climbed the four flights of stairs, I freaked out that I was going to end up dead because some ax murderer was going to pop out and kill me in the stairwell. Safe to say, not going to see WDE again. I thought there were gentleman in the south! (Ok, rant done.)
Friday, the roomies piled in the car and headed to Dallas, Texas. Ten hours later, we arrived at Kristie's home and were welcomed by her mom and dad! We got the grand tour, including an amazing picture of Kristie has a newborn. It took me all of three seconds to open my big mouth and ask who the Asian baby was. As soon as Spencer or Kristie get the picture off their camera, it's going on here. She looked like Lily from Modern Family! After this revelation, we called it a night and rested up for our next adventure to Fort Worth!
So, I forgot to ask you about your date, and now I'm glad I didn't. What a jerk!!!
ReplyDelete