Monday, August 22, 2011

Car Smashing Weekend

Friday night Kristie, Katie (her bff visiting from San Antonio), Cari, Kelly and I (wow talk about the k-sound) piled in the car and road tripped to the Wilson County Fair. Talk about unforgettable. Between the baby pig races, fair food (chocolate covered bananas, nachos, cheesecake on a stick to name a few), and DEMO DERBY, it was the best Friday night I could have asked for. I thought a demo derby involved a monster truck flying over other junky cars. Nope! All of these cars smash into each other until all but one is still running. We were speechless, and yet, found ourselves cheering with the rest of them. So glad we got to be part of the record-breaking crowd at the fair this year!



In other car smashing news, there was a four car accident today at car riders. All the kids had been loaded in cars and everyone was circling to leave so the next bunch of kids could pile in when one lady accidentally put the car in reverse and smashed the car behind her. Because they were on a backward incline, the second car hit a third and the third hit a fourth. Being on the bullhorn, it was slightly terrifying to hear and see cars hitting each other. My first question was "Are all of the children okay?!" The first response was "What the f***!" Thankfully, none of the parents got crazy and they moved the cars and called the police.

I'm headed to babysit the munchkins. Here's to having a second job. Interesting fact: More than 50% of teachers have a second job.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea the Wilson County Fair had a Demo Derby. I have always wanted to see one of those!!! Next year, I am going with you. :)

    ReplyDelete