Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend in Review

Quick Catch Up Post because I start waking up at 5:15AM again tomorrow!

Thursday: Met with third grade team, worked in my classroom, saw the eye doctor, pooled it, and then Jason and I hit up Wild Hare for dinner. Really neat atmosphere. My favorite part of the meal was the appetizer. It was a quesadilla with chevre and tomato salsa. BAM. Amazing.

Friday: T-eff-a time. All day. Two NU alumni spoke on the panel in the morning. The rest of the day was pretty iffy (much better on Saturday). At night, we went to the pirate party. Police showed up on an anonymous (and TOTALLY MADE UP) tip from a neighbor that some people were smoking pot on the porch. The neighbors below are out of control. I learned a new Nashvillian phrase this weekend. Apparently if you get ridiculous at this bar called Red Rooster, you've been "roostered". I'm not sure how I feel about it. If I use that in conversation, please hit me.

Saturday: (With a Yiddish accent) Oy vey. Waking up for PD was pretty rough. Overall, the day was really exciting though. It pumped me up for the first week of school and got me really excited to make a change in my students' lives. It also reminded me how awesome everyone is and how supportive of a corps we have. Spent the rest of the day recovering in the pool. I'm not going to go into detail, but the Marotta's got some really bad news so I spent the rest of the night with Kristie. Spoke with her tonight and her dad is doing really well, considering the circumstances. Please say an extra prayer for his recovery. We're thinking of them here in Nashville!

Sunday: Jason and I went on a 5 mile hike at Percy Warner. Those hills were wicked but we got up early enough that it was before the temp hit 98. Of course we hit up Bobbie's Dairy Dip after, which totally negates all exercise performed. Then, Amanda came over and we enjoyed our last day before school starts at the pool. Spencer's officially back in Nashvegas and the guitar playing has already started. All I have to say is that man, he's improved!!

Setting my alarm and hitting the sack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment