Sunday, January 8, 2012

Unibomber type

Let me begin by saying that yes, more things were taken on Friday. I locked my door each time we went to the bathroom, lunch, specials, etc. During dismissal, I was on car-riders and I had to leave my door open so that one or two of my kids could finish packing up. That gave this mystery person 30 minutes to come in and take 25 DAZE booklets (they are basically fluency books that the district requires me to give to my students). I.E Tomorrow, I need to tell my literacy coach that she needs to drive and find me 25 more somewhere. She is not going to be pleased. Which means that maybe a child took the books, but 1. why would a child want those? and 2. they are HEAVY. 3. I left pretty folders in the same place, and they didn't take the pretty folders. Kristie is convinced that a child needs them to warm their home in the fire, if that is the case, I will pay their heating bill to keep my photocopies. I have to go to the principal tomorrow because this is just too much. I am spending the morning finding a filing cabinet that locks.

Okay, onto happier things!

Amanda and I are officially back to it at the gym. She has been having slight reactions and yesterday was a bit scary, but generally, she's hanging on. We also discovered what her threshold may be, so that will help in preventing her throat from closing while we exercise.

Friday night, I went out to dinner with a boy that I met online. Third time is a charm, right? We also discovered that our mutual friends included Becky and Jason so I felt way more comfortable than the previous two times. You can see the difference too, because we went to dinner at South Street and then spent another 3 hours talking at Greenhouse by the firepit. He was a true gentleman and I thought there was definitely chemistry there, something that was definitely missing from the other two experiences. I really want him to call..

Last night, I babysat and then headed over to Andy's for his birthday party. We played that dance game again and Declan used his new camera to document the experience. By the way, did I mention that DECLAN IS GOING TO UVA NEXT YEAR FOR LAW SCHOOL?!?! He applied Binding to UVA on Wednesday and was accepted Friday afternoon. Crazy, right? We are so proud of him!! He will be close to Becca and he's going to make a fantastic lawyer specializing in educational policy.

There was a unibomber type at the party last night. He was creepy and sweaty and everyone, literally everyone, was freaked out by him. He's Andy's neighbor. Apparently, he was more into the C-bomb than me. This made me funny-upset and I ended up laying down on the concrete and asking someone to run me over with a car. I was clearly joking, but that definitely killed my ego. I guess you can't please them all.

This time last year was snowpocolypse. Last night I wore sandals to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment