Combined Cari and I slept 2.5 hours on Thursday night. Friday I'm pretty sure we were all loopy at school, and high on life because the kiddos finally arrived. It was so amazing to meet our students and hear about their experiences and what makes their minds work. Their reading levels were all over the place and it's clear we have a ton to do this summer. Despite exhaustion, we powered through all day long.
6:15PM rolls around and Cari and I grabbed some fried catfish and french fries from Catfish on the Quad (music festival with free catfish and beer) before making the 5 hour drive home. We stopped about 40 minutes into the trip and grabbed ice coffees and mocha frappes from the McDonalds and then set off on our way. The caffeine had me wired the entire trip. Cari drove the first 3.5 hours until she was basically delirious and then I drove from 10:30-midnight. Despite only 1.5 hours of sleep the night before, that mocha frappe kept me up until 2:30 in the morning! I tried really hard to sleep, but that caffeine will get you every time.
Justin, Amanda, and Kelly helped us move our belongings into the new apartment and between all of us, we finished in 2 trips each and in about 2 hours. Painless. There was some complaining, but all in all, I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends to carry my crap down three flights of stairs and then up another three. I appreciate you guys so much! After finishing, we sat in the living room until everyone either fell asleep or got up to leave. Justin kept telling me not to cry but I got really emotional about leaving 310. Two years of memories were made in that apartment and it's sad to think that Kristie and Spencer and some of our other friends are off doing other things in different parts of the country. Two amazing years with my roommates at 310.. feels like it wasn't enough time.
Justin and I headed to one of his family friend's houses for a cookout. The burger was amazing and I am not just saying that because all I eat is dorm food these days. For those of you aware of the weight loss challenge that Justin and I are doing, whoever can lose 10 pounds this summer gets $100. I am currently up 2 pounds and he's down 1. There is still time! My action plan includes the gym 3 times this week - let's hope it actually happens!!
We did some shopping at the Men's Wearhouse where we met a very special person named Morgan. Justin claims he is my new boyfriend, but really this kid was hilarious. He happens to also be the son of the regional manager so he can basically get away with murder. Regardless, this kid made shopping really fun and enjoyable .. and we all know how much I detest shopping!
Lastly, we went to a friend's birthday party in Brentioch (on the border of Brentwood and Antioch). Such a beautiful house and such nice people. Finally exhaustion caught up with us and we headed home.
It's true, distance does make the heart grow fonder. Did I really just say that? What a sap I've become.
This morning, Cari, Kelly and I had a quick pancake breakfast in OUR new apartment before getting back on the road to Cleveland. I slept the first two hours (no caffeine for me) and we finally got back mid-afternoon just in time to realize how far behind we both were for the week!
Back to the grind we go. Also, I forgot about Father's Day so I hope you remembered :)
No comments:
Post a Comment