Remember that loser whose lunch was stolen in high school? Well.. my lunch was stolen yesterday at school.. I AM that loser :)
Long story short.. I left my lunch on a table in the green wing with Isiah's soccer ball. In my mind, I thought, "There is a greater chance that a child will steal the soccer ball than my homemade lunch." When I came to retrieve my lunch one hour after leaving it there, the soccer ball was there, but the lunch was NOT.
The principal saw me wandering aimlessly through the halls trying to find my food and asked me if I was having a better day than yesterday. I immediately responded, "Someone stole my lunch!" He responded, "I'm thinking about taking back what I said your during summative. You're falling apart kid."
Feeling defeated, I went back to the teacher's lounge and interrogated the ladies currently eating lunch. No one saw it.. it seriously disappeared.
SUDDENLY, ex-team leader rolls in with a whole foods bag that is identical to my bag!
Me: YOU HAVE MY LUNCH!
J says, "I know! Isn't it so sweet that someone made us lunch for Teacher Appreciation Week!? It was so delicious!!"
Me: No, I think you actually ate my lunch. I left it on the table and then it disappeared.
J: Oh! You were the one that left yours on the table. Did you eat it, isn't it yummy?
Me: J, I think you actually have my lunch by accident. I packed my lunch, put it on the table, and then it disappeared.
J: Wait, what was in your lunch?
Me: Turkey on croissant, pretzels, string cheese, and some fruit.
J: My word! I am so embarrassed, I ate your lunch! I thought someone made it for us!!
After we laughed about it, J walked out extremely embarrassed. She is probably one of the sweetest people I've ever met, so clearly, she was embarrassed. We were still laughing about it today.. harmless error. Apparently one of her students picked it up and put it on her chair. Nevertheless, something like that would happen to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment