Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicagoooooo (Louisville, Indy, and GARY, IN)

What an amazing weekend! First time back since graduation and sadly, did not get to see as many people as I wanted (which is just an excuse to make several more trips up North this summer). It was an epic weekend with the ladies and the best way to describe it is in pictures and quotes.

Five girls. We made our first stop in Louisville, Kentucky and dined at Mrs. Potter's cafe. Our 8-hour trip soon turned into 10 hours right around Gary, Indiana. If you haven't been to this lovely city, please make sure to take in the scenery. Image: Steel mills, black smoke, fire, and the smell of Newark, NJ. Finally, we arrived in the windy city.

We ate a lot. Pizza. Brownies. Chicken. Junk. Burgers. Truffle Fries. Someone may have eaten some Hot Cheetos. French toast. A HUGE thank you to Alexis and her friends for breakfast on Saturday morning!


Saw my blind friend David on Saturday. He looks exactly the same and it really made both of us so happy to see each other. When I first met him he was collecting post-cards from the girl who visited for three years before me. He had 78 post-cards. Between the other girl Jenna and I, we have officially sent him 217 post-cards. How cool is that?!

We started our adventures at Red Ivy in Wrigleyville. We were joined by Jessie, Mitch, and Jen. I forgot that Lucy proposed to me here senior year. Brought back some awesome memories. Also, please note the large blond man on the right. We met a real-life giant!


Saturday morning, we relived our college days.


For future reference, my birthday is in December. I NEED THIS HAT. Kristie and I found our love child, Kimberly on the streets of Evanston. She took us to her beautiful apartment and made our day.


Chicago quickly turned from cold and dreary to cold and pouring. We went back to Kristie's aunt and uncle's house (HANDS DOWN, THE NICEST FAMILY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD) and we did what we do best. Ate. Drank. Napped.


Sunday, after getting soaked on our way to breakfast, we did the Chicago sightseeing thing. You can tell by our frizzy, large, southern hair that we were soaking wet.


I also had the amazing chance to run into my old Alison Hall friends from freshman year, my roommates from senior year Margaret and Katerina, and some old friends from in between. I didn't really realize how much I missed Chicago until this weekend and I cannot wait for the next chance to go back. I'm shooting for Labor Day weekend.. fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment