Monday, September 5, 2011

Four nights in a row, post-college record

I might have broken records this weekend. Went out Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Liz was in town and sadly, we didn't get to spend much time with her but I think she enjoyed her visit. We celebrated her birthday with about 20 people at our apartment and then went out to D McGee with about 10 more. I know many of you are saddened by this news, but I wanted to share with the world that D McGee's Saturday house band will now only be playing there every other weekend. How do I know this? After not seeing the beautiful blond, I immediately asked the bouncer. This new band plays a lot of disco / funk music. I think I'll add our original band's schedule to my planner, so we don't make the mistake of going the wrong Saturday ever again. Hit up the Folk Festival on Saturday night, as well. We missed most of the craft vendors, so we only walked around for a bit before heading out. It was a little smaller than expected, but we got to hear some music before heading out. I also got to spend some quality time on the grassy knoll where the Nashville Municipal Building sits. (I think that's what it's called.) Overall, the festival wasn't filled with my demographic, but I'm sure many people enjoyed the festivities. Special shout out to Jason for a 11pm text message on Thursday night which woke me up from my nap on the rug (Kristie passed out there too). This allowed me to wake up, move to my bed, and set my alarm for work in the morning. You're my hero J. Becky (who just moved to Nashville, lives in our complex, and went to HS with Spencer and I) got to meet a ton of our friends. I think she's settling in just fine among the cowboy boots and honkey tonks. We've finally gotten rain in Nashville. It's been weeks and 100+ in the month of September. It's been raining for 48 hours now and cooled significantly, so I'm excited. Jason and I went on a hike (we think we got lost so we're still not sure how many miles we did) in the pouring rain. Talk about liberating.. soaking wet in the woods, just the bugs and trees, and without cell phones. Thinking about it now, in the rain, we should have taken the cells because God knows I could have fallen and did some serious damage. Weekend highlights: 1. Saw a female cop arrest two hooligans outside Red Rooster and drag them away in handcuffs at 3am. Yay feminism. 2. The Cardiac Cats pulled out their first win of the season against Boston College. Kristie, Elaine, and I showed our purple pride at Sam's. We also monopolized the televisions at the bar, with Kelly watching Penn State, Nic cheering on Mizzou, and Cari rooting for Ohio State. Our waitress was really awesome for changing all the tvs for us. 3. Can't sleep late anymore (wake up naturally at 7am after going out) so in total, I lost something like 16 hours of sleep since Thursday. Most would think this is a low of the weekend, I say bring on the fun times. 4. Watched Saved for the first time. After living in the South for a year, I found the movie hilarious. 5. A man who graduated from LSU explained to me how to grind on Sunday at the Stage. He claimed that I kept moving forward away from him, rather than smooshing my booty into him. I kindly explained that my intentions were to get away from him. He was not amused. Back to the kiddos tomorrow. Kristie and I agreed that I give too much attention to Eduardo, so this week I'm trying a new behavior intervention with him .. Let's hope it works!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Thanks for the shout-out K (x2!!!), I feel like a celeb.
    2. You forgot to mention that one of the drunk guys Saturday night responded to the cop's "make a hole!" with "I'll give you a hole."

    ReplyDelete