I can officially say as of about 24 hours ago, I am a graduate of Northwestern University!!!
It was a really fun weekend - filled with lots of time with friends and family. Mom got to be such good friends with Jess's mom that we are planning a mother/daughter 10 day trip across Europe next summer. HELL YES. Prague, Paris, London, Berlin.. and maybe Dublin and a few other places. (I think the 3 hour date with Ron Vicaro brought us together in harmony.)
Few noteworthy moments:
1. The storm did not stop us from celebrating!
Michael Wilbon was awesomeeee and had some really non-cliche things to say. I am really happy that we made it despite the storm to see him speak.
2. Of course, I was one of only two people to lose their cap on stage. I definitely know how to make an entrance.
3. I didn't actually say goodbye to anyone and I like that better - I consider this much more of a "seen you soon!". I'll probably drive up for Homecoming in a few months.
SESP senior theses graduates! (All three of us flew in for our own graduations too!)
4. Stephen was seriously the life of the party. He managed to get two phone numbers at the wine and cheese party we threw for the parents before commencement. He was seriously on fire all weekend - and everyone was so impressed with him. Thank you Stephen for coming!
Got back to Atlanta two hours ago - three weeks of Institute to go. After getting a whopping 11 hours of sleep this weekend is going to make this week a little rough, but I am excited to get back to teaching tomorrow. I'm working on some kinks and I got a lot of great advice this weekend - I'm ready to put it to good use!
Also, I am planning a trip to NJ sometime between July 11-18th. Those in NYC, expect a visit soon!




Can't wait to see you! Love your updates :0)
ReplyDelete