S: "...Ms. LR, can you help me with my homework?"
Me: "What is my name?"
S: "Sorry Ms. W. You and Ms. LR have the same skin color.. and I just can't tell you apart."
S#2: "Ms. W, can I touch your hair..?"
Me: "Well.. why do you want to touch my hair?"
S#2: "Is it real?? Can I touch it.. please?"
Me: "Okay, sure."
S#2: "Wow.. white girl hair is different."
S: "I don't want to shake your hand."
Emily: "Let's just make life easier for both of you - you shake my hand and I let you into class. Take care of business, I know you can be an adult about this."
S: (finally gives in after much persuasion) Ugh okay. (As he shakes Emily's hand, PANTS FALL DOWN and EYES ARE NOW WIDE OPEN)
Emily: Let's never talk about this again. (Leaves the room to get her giggles out.)
GT Engineer: "Wow, you people must have the worst jobs in the world. I would hate to teach kids."
Me: "It has its ups and downs, but it's totally worth it. You love them by day 4 once you figure each other out."
GT Engineer: "Well we're happy you are all here. We never see girls. Ever. They just don't go to GT. By the way, do you have plans tomorrow night? (Awkwardly shuffles feet.) Our frat is having this party.. and girls never really come. Do you think you could come?"
Kristen: "Hmm.. not sure.. parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow night."
GT: "You don't have to lie to me- it'll be a Saturday night. I might be a fifth year.. but I'm not an idiot."
No comments:
Post a Comment