Saturday, July 10, 2010

We conquered Institute!!

Yesterday was our last day with our students and today, we move into our new apartment in Nashville. It's a ton of different emotions: excitement, nervousness, stressful, and fabulous.

I'll leave you with an original story my second graders created on our last day together.

I had small groups write a creative story using our trigger words - We did one step at a time so the class could build on each other's ideas. I tried to combine their ideas as best I could.. it got a little PG-rated when Diana said that Nadia was going to snuggle with Justin Bieber. Then.. it got X-rated when Joey told Nikki and I that he wanted to have the whole class have a sleepover with Justin on Justin's mattress..

Here is the story:

In the beginning, the class went to the mall in a limo.
Next, we played video games with goblins.
Then, the whole class trips over Justin Bieber when he is eating ice cream.
After that, we put gold tires on the limo while we ghost rided, went to Justin's top secret birthday party, got Justin's autograph and became his best friend forever.
In the end, (Joey's idea) we found out that we are all brother and sister with Justin Bieber, we go camping and sleep in a tent with him, and nibble (vocab word!) on cookies near the campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment