Happy Hanukkah y'all! (Yes, I realize that does sound very funny together. Today I want to share about what Hanukkah looks and sounds like in Nashville.)
Well, I had class at the Christian university that night, so no prayer that night.
My passive-aggressive team leader wrote an email over the entire listserv at school wishing me a Happy Hanukkah. This is the school where we pray to the good Lord Jesus Christ before every faculty meeting. Did I mention that the Baptist church down the street provides lunch for us once a quarter too? Talk about separation of church and state.
Best line ever from one of my second grade teammates:
"I'm so glad I caught you. I couldn't find it on the internet. What's Hannukah?"
The question here is.. Which is more disturbing, that in your 26 years of teaching experience (she's getting ready to retire in a few) that you never figured out what Hanukkah was.. or that you tried to find it on the internet and failed?
And so, for the millionth time, I laugh and simply think, "I love the south."
No comments:
Post a Comment