Ah yes, another snow day. Let's recap Tuesday. Some classic student moments.
While teaching the class about how animals bathe and take care of themselves, Michelle asked me "How are babies born?" I said that babies come out of a mommy's stomach. "But my mom told me that babies come out from in between your legs." I decided it was an appropriate time to move on.
I can't remember if I already posted this. Otto told me, "Ms. W, you're a good teacher, but God is a better teacher." I feel like I must be doing something right if I'm being compared to God!! But in all seriousness, the principal told me on Tuesday, "Don't get arrested." Does he really think that I'm that big of a mess that he needs to remind me of something like that? (Speaking of bad things, Mom thinks I have a problem - I sent her a text at 5am this morning indicating that I was still intoxicated from last night's reception. Snow day #9 was necessary to my life.)
BOMBSHELL. t-eff-a Nashville no longer has the highest retention rate in the nation. TWO CMs resigned in the last week. One of the '09ers and one of the '10ers. No one that I'm friends with, but it makes me sad to think that their kids are going to suffer. Apparently the '09er said that his replacement is his mentor teacher and will do a better job, but my thoughts were, you've made it a year and a half, now you quit? I wish them both the best of luck.
Vandy's Peabody School of Education hosted a reception for t-eff-a last night (the invitation said free wine - I RSVPed immediately), celebrating 20 years of closing the achievement gap. It was really classy and we got to meet the Dean and Associate Dean. I'm going to do a little networking in an attempt to get into Vandy post-teaching. Spencer also managed to spill a glass of wine on my about 2 minutes after we arrived. Keeping it classy Nashville.
Jess got to meet many of my t-eff-a friends today via skype! People just kept popping over and we watched The King's Speech. IT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. Probably the best movie I have seen since Titanic. Did any of y'all know that Declan was a child star? Apparently, he is a lifelong member of the Screen Actor's Guild. I.E. He gets a copy of every movie nominated for Best Picture. AWESOME.
Time for bed! Pray we have school tomorrow - I need grades! Progress reports go out in a little over a week and we have only had 10 instructional days. SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment