

Okay, so maybe my freak out on Thursday was a little much. I blame bouts of cabin fever combined with the life-shattering news that I am no longer a Capricorn. I want to thank Kristie because she read me the description of Sagittarius and crazy enough, it's dead on.
Many developments since Thursday afternoon.
Thursday night, Kristie, Elaine, Mallory and I met up with some NU alumni at the Frist Art Gallery in downtown Nashville. It is a beautiful exhibit with pieces from the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. It brought me back to my days of hours of roaming in art museums all over that gorgeous city. We grabbed a drink at Flying Saucer beforehand. It ends up that alumni interviews for new applicants are the next few Saturdays and Kristie and I got spots this upcoming Saturday!! I get to interview potential new NU wildcats and I could not be more excited.
Went back to the grove and met up with everyone. We decided to celebrate yet another snow day on Friday, we would head down to second. First of all, the cab driver was a jerk. There are no open container laws in Tennessee inside vehicles, except for the driver. So we rolled up with our solo cups, like usual, and he actually took it out of my hand and dumped it! There were enough of us that there were two separate cabs and the other cab driver had some choice words for our driver. We ended up on Second Avenue at the first bar we ever went out to when I moved here. What memories! McFadden's (just like the one in Chicago) is hilarious on most nights of the week. We had no idea that it was college night, so it was 18+ and only those under 21 had to pay a cover.
Hilarious bathroom exchange:
Girl 1: So wait, you're actually 21 or did you use a fake?
Me: No, I'm actually 23.
Girl 2: YOU ARE SO LUCKY, OMG.
Girl 1: Wait, why are you here?
We made some friends (probably the only other non-college students there) and dragged them to the Stage. Kristie and Liz were legit groupies of the band there and requested several songs. Again, only one's there but we had a good time. The lead signer apparently liked Kelly and Declan more than Liz and I because he gave a shout out to fifth grade teachers but totally denied second grade. His exact words: You don't actually learn anything in second grade, do you?
We went to our least favorite place on Broadway: Paradise Park. Sticky, carpeted floors, $6 pitchers and girls falling on themselves. Good night, good night.
On Friday, I worked my first Whole Foods Cooking Class! It was a birthday party for 7 year old boys from Endsworth (17 in all!). Only the most prestigious school in Nashville. I swear if those boys were my students I would have had them in line. They were legit crazy. I didn't think they were too awful, but everyone else was exhausted after they were there for 90 minutes. I liked working the class so much that I am working another in about an hour (12 year old girl's birthday party)! Next, we headed to Bill Haslam's Inaugural Concert. He is now the governor of TN and threw a pretty awesome party. Bo Bice, Diamond Rio and Sara Evans brought the house down.
Saturday was Praxis Day, where I ran into someone I haven't seen since my days at Camp Sunshine. Small world! He also played Spencer in volleyball and we competed against each other in FBLA. (The Academy always beat Fair Lawn in FBLA, but they got us in volleyball every time!)
After a visit to the Belle Meade plantation (southern slavery at its finest), we had a Miss America watch party here. I totally picked Arkansas (first runner up) and Spencer picked Nebraska (actual winner). Kristie had a top 10 pick and Annalise had top 5. It was fun! We went to Cadillac Ranch and Cari convinced someone it was her bachelorette party and he paid our cover to get in. What a nice guy - only in the south! We hung out with some really nice servicemen. Thanks for protecting our country!
We go back to work tomorrow - let's do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment