A member of the team notified us today that she will be on disability for the remainder of the year. Because we are in the last nine weeks of school, we are not hiring a new teacher to replace her. This means an additional three students in my portable. Where am I supposed to put 25 bodies in my portable? During guided reading, it will be 27 total. We all know that I am always down for a challenge - so I guess, bring it on. I am receiving a child with a behavior problem, but I think it will build some character in my classroom and I really think I can work with him to make him love school and learning. I know I sound naive right now, but if I don't have a positive attitude about this, I will probably get angry. My thoughts are, your health is priority.. but you have 8 weeks left.. I'll deal - let's get our learning on!
We got SACs accreditation yesterday. The committee chair told us, "This school has restored my faith in the public education system." Made me proud to be a teacher.
Heard from Austin today. He has a pretty good attitude about being deployed to the UAE. I can't really relate, but he feels more productive when he's on tour than when he's hanging out in Clarksville waiting. Either way, I am sure a large gun is involved. Please say an extra prayer for his team to have a safe tour and whenever they come home, be it altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment