Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kids falling from the sky

Quick post only because it's 8:40PM and I think I might fall asleep right here at the dining room table.

I am pretty sure that second graders are literally falling from the sky at my school. I'm not sure where they are coming from, but they are coming in mass. Got another student today, that makes three in 2 weeks. They are all very sweet boys, there are just a lot of them in closed quarters. The custodian helped me move a new desk in after school. Poor Willie had to sit at the round table because I had no where to put him.

All in all, good day with the kiddos. Tomorrow I am taking a PD day to file ELDA scores on my little one's. Whenever I tell them I am not going to be there, they get really sad (sort of makes me feel good, in a sick, sadistic sort of way).

Oh yeah, Francie had a tantrum in the cafeteria yesterday. She got in trouble with a lunch lady and overturned her tray and spilled juice all over the floor. REALLY?! Joshua once told me that the devil sits on his shoulder and tells him to do bad things - sometimes I wonder if it's actually true of some of these kids!

Ending on a positive note. Kristie helped me figure out. Apparently I had a final in my online class that was due today (I seriously had no idea. It was assigned months ago and posted last week.) I stressed out when I heard about it at 7:35pm. I submitted my "final" in less than one hour, along with the blogging assignment that was also due today. It would have taken about 45 minutes altogether, but my computer kept freezing whenever I pulled up blackboard. I LOVE GRADUATE SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment