Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Loop (Not the one in Chicago)

Happy News of the Week: I was asked to loop with all 21 of my babies and be their third grade teacher next year!! This has many pros and cons, of course, but I'll get my kids for another year. I am slightly nervous this means I will screw them up not just one year, but two years and negatively affect these kids for the rest of their lives, but we're going to hope and pray that's not the case.

Changing grade levels is going to be feel like being a new teacher all over again and I am sad that I will no longer have my second grade team, but there are also some really cool benefits. I negotiated the portable back so that's a super plus. The principal said it makes the most sense logistically because I know my kids better than anyone and I'm not really part of a pod so it just works. I'm a little freaked out because it is a TCAP year and so the stakes are super high. On the bright side, I've been pushing my kids all year so it's not like we've been sitting on our butts doing nothing.

I'm considering this a second chance. Anything I might have screwed up this year, I have the chance to make it right. Here's to another year of Special Sheilah, Joshua, and Carly stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment