Check out the view from the hotel window

Heather is in one of those boats! Poor Amanda really wanted to go out there but I figured it was a terrible idea to attempt to hike with the crutches. Nature watching: epic.
Interesting quote from new teacher: "So wait, they made a second year teacher, whose never taught third grade before, team leader? Is the principal trying to overload her so much so that she quits? Is he trying to get rid of her?" I'm just thankful that there were two amazing teachers who explained that I am ready for the challenge and that the principal supports me. Despite being slightly overwhelmed by what is expected of the teachers at school and the new evaluation process for nontenured teachers, I am SO excited for the start of the school year! I miss my babies, my school, and my colleagues.
Retreat highlights were, of course, GAME NIGHT. Our game of Scattergories got dirty real fast. Some highlights included:
Things found on the beach. Starts with J. I went with "Jugs" and don't worry, it was complete with hand motions.
Parts of the Body. Starts with D. "Dick" was knocked out but "Ding Dong" got double points!
Terms of Endearment. Starts with F. I went with "Fat Bottom Girls". Amanda went with "F*cker" .. apparently it's a sign she loves you when she uses it.
Steph went with "G-spot rubber" for some category and to be honest, I can't think of it but I know it had the entire table of 15 laughing for a solid 20 minutes.
There were several other comments made about drugs, alcohol, hitting on old men, and the like. Everyone else went to bed at 9:00, but the Scattergories screw stayed up until 10:30. Being as that is still crazy earlier, Amanda, Kristin, Heather, Susan and I went outside and laid down on our backs and stared up at the stars. I forget sometimes that I live in a city until moments like that. There were literally hundreds and hundreds of stars and constellations and we could see them perfectly. Heart nature, especially with friends.
The next day was filled with information overload. We finally packed up at 3:30 to drive an hour back to Nashville. Amanda helped me up the stairs with my bag and we quickly realized I left my keys at the hotel. ROADTRIP. 4 hours later we made it back to Nashville, with keys in hand. Amanda not only served as a slave during the retreat (someone needed to carry my foodtray and binder!) but she had to drive back to the State Park. LIFESAVER.
I can't believe you left your keys at the hotel!! Amanda deserves a medal. The category for Stephanie's G-spot tickler was "Things you hide." That Scattergories game was legen-wait for it- dary!
ReplyDelete