Friday, July 8, 2011

Wake up call that I live in the South #28

I'm not sure if I've blogged about my love of spinning, but I seriously cannot get enough of it. I've been doing it about 4 months now and I'm going to keep it up once school gets back into session.

Last week, I had yet another wake up call that I live in The South. Kelly and I attended the Lipscomb University July 4th Spinning Extravaganza. We were promised watermelon at the end, so free food.. we're there. Let me preface this by saying: THIS IS NOT USUALLY THE SET UP OF CLASS.

There is a powerpoint in the background. Fireworks, soldiers, flags, the whole American nine yards. We spun to the Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, and an assortment of other pro-America songs. We were on a mission to get the American flag to the top of the mountain. At the end, when we finished our secret military mission, we were permitted to wave the mini-American flag that we all received to celebrate the completion of our mission. Don't worry, there were definitely some religious quotes on the powerpoint throughout. Nothing like spinning to Christian music to get you to increase that heart rate.

Don't worry.. there was watermelon at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment