I am so lucky that I get to celebrate Tracy's birthday with her just about every year (yay holiday birthdays!) This year, we also had a sleepover after. She has a beautiful apartment in (blanking on the neighborhood and I know I asked at least twice), near Murray Hill (but definitely not in Murray Hill). She has two roommates (both named Jesse - one male and one female who went to NU). We started the partying with some wine at her apartment and then moved to this bar called Von in the East Village, where we met up with her coworkers, friends, and high school buddies. By the end of the night, it felt almost like a high school reunion. I had the chance to see Zach (visiting from Baltimore), Aakash (visiting from Oxford), Annie, and Pawan. It was SO wonderful to see everyone and dance the night away.
It was probably the latest night I've pulled since graduating college. We left the bar around 4am and headed to a diner (yes!) and ate cheeseburgers until 5:15am when we finally walked back to her apartment in the freezing cold weather.
Sidenote: We were in a cab on the way from her apartment to the bar and at the end of the ride, I simply said, "Thanks so much sir. Have a happy holiday." Cab driver responded, "You're clearly not from around here." Just trying to share some holiday cheer, jeez!
Here are some lovely pictures from Tracy's birthday:
Aynsley picked me up at 9:15 (yes, only 4 hours later) and we grabbed brunch at one of her favorite places and shopped around Soho for a while. So nice to catch up with her before she and Nate head to San Francisco for the holidays. She is super happy at her job at Zagat and it's been a pretty incredible year for her. She makes me so happy!


No comments:
Post a Comment