Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good cop, bad cop.

So everyone, including Joshua himself, knows that Joshua is my class clown / trouble-maker / kid who keeps it interesting. When I am informing the students that we will be receiving three more students, they were naturally intrigued, interested, and had several questions. Joshua's, however, was the most interesting.

Joshua: Do you know Evan?
Me: Well, not really. He seems like a very nice boy. I will love him like I love all of my other students. Joshua, I hope you show him how students act and behave in my class. We need to set a good example.
Joshua: Well, Evan got in trouble a lot in first grade. He always had to pull stars. Who do you think will have the most yellow stars? Me or Evan?
Me: Well, hopefully neither of you has any yellow stars.
Joshua: Can I talk to you?

(This is when the rest of the class started their work and Joshua and I had some H2H time)

Joshua: Maybe Evan will get in more trouble than me and then I won't be the bad kid anymore.
Me: You aren't the bad kid. It's just sometimes you do not make good decisions.
Joshua: I just hope that I am better than Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment