Quotes/events of this Holy Week
1. We've observing Passover - goodbye grain and corn syrup.
2. Joshua comes up to me after lunch and says, "Can I hug you?" Me: "Uhmm.. do you have something gross on your hands?" Joshua: "No, I missed you." Awww - since Edgar joined our class, Joshua is no longer the class clown and actually enjoys being part of the "cool, fun, well-behaved crowd" now. He really is one of my favorites these days. Sometimes I go back and read some of my first blogs from teaching and read about how frustrated I was by Joshua .. and how far the two of us have come. It brings a giant smile to my face!
3. I got laid off today. I feel like this should have been #1 biggest news of the week, but I believe my principal will pull through. Hilariously enough, I had no idea that there was a job posting on the website for my position. That being said, I am keeping an optimistic outlook because I truly do love my school, my colleagues, and my administration. I am praying that they keep me around next year, despite all of the craziness going on in the district. Apparently, other teachers knew that my job was up for grabs before I did AND my principal received several (as in 100's) of resumes for my job in the last week. Me, one year ago, would have FREAKED out. Me, now.. trying to stay calm, cool, and collected about the situation.
4. Seen some serious progress with Edgar this week. We're working on interacting with other children, not getting upset when I don't call on him every time, and reacting to different types of social situations (lining up, people helping us, being part of a team), etc.
5. ONE MORE DAY UNTIL A THREE DAY WEEKEND. That is all!
No comments:
Post a Comment