Monday, April 11, 2011

Spelunking - finally some photos!

Mark spelunking off my bucket list - it was epic. We didn't just walk through the cave, we crawled, jumping, laid down and pulled ourselves.

This is the group before (check out those awesome hard hats!):



There was a point where I was laying flat on my back and my helmet was caught between the rock under my head and the rock above me. I was the lead out of the three of us but my head was caught and I couldn't move so the boys had to direct me to move my head to the side so I could keep going forward. This is me temporarily stuck.



We got half way through the three-hour voyage and I looked back at Spencer and Declan and said, "I thought we would be way dirtier than this." About 3 minutes later, we were covered in mud. Drenched, if you will. And this is the "WE MADE IT OUT ALIVE FROM A JOURNEY 300 FEET BELOW GROUND. OH AND THE BOYS ARE STARVING."



I don't think I'll ever live down my quote of the day, but here it is:

"It's been a pleasure spelunking with you, #12!"

No comments:

Post a Comment