Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Naked Run

Yes, I may have shed some tears in class today. I finally just lost it and decided we needed to have a town meeting. It started off with, "How do you think I feel right now?" Students used, "sad, disappointed, upset, angry".. and then I asked, "How do you think I normally feel about my students, and they said "love, care, worry, happiness" and that's when I started to tear up. Having Edgar (my new, special student) in my class and totally ruined the dynamic of my classroom. He pretty much felt up inappropriately (read: molested) some of my other students day 2 and it's been downhill since then. It makes me worry that he is being abused at home or watching someone else be abused at home. He thought it was okay to touch her when my back was turned and he waited until my back was turned to do it each time. Read as: he was totally conscious of what he was doing. Tomorrow, I am going to throw standards to the wind and take some class bonding time. Three new students has totally turned our classroom upside down. We need to get to know each other so we can start really learning again on Monday. Wish us luck - we are going to need it.

Amanda and I went to the park so I could vent after school. There was a seven or eight year old girl walking around in a skirt, sans shirt. I'm talking, totally topless. Because she was 100 yards away, I assumed she was a he. Nope- when she stripped down totally naked, we learned she was, in fact, a girl. Now, I think it's great that this young girl is a free spirit, but did her mother (who was standing with her) think that there were no creepers in the park? I am going to mark this down as a "WTF" moment.

and I really do mean this: THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment