Monday, April 4, 2011

Typical Monday.. NOT

Here's to an afternoon of tornadoes, evacuations, power outages, leaky portable, duck and cover in the hallway and three lost teeth (one of which happened during duck and cover). We are safe and sound so that is something to celebrate! I will add that my students were actually silent for the majority of the 45 minutes they were crouched in the hallway; they generally made me proud.

They also didn't freak out as much as expected each time the thunder shook the portable. Dismissal was a zoo - the high schools were held almost an hour later than normal dismissal and that made the buses all over the district delayed. Lights were out all over the city. Also, I tried to get gas when I was pretty much running on fumes and the gas station didn't have power so I had to drive another 5 miles hoping and praying that I wouldn't run out of gas on the interstate.

What was supposed to be a very informative and educational day.. turned into one that included some learning.. and some storms. SUPERstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment