Okay.. okay, it's been forever and a half since I've written. I wish I had more time to write something epic here, like my expectations, what I'm nervous about, what I'm excited for... but I'll be honest. Since Monday, I have officially clocked 39 hours in my portable. Yes, in three days.. 39 hours.
I have been cutting down my thesis from 90 pages to 30 pages.. I'm stuck at 37 right now. I can't make it any shorter. It needs to be 30 to submit for publication. Needless to stay, that stressed me out all last weekend when I should have been planning for tomorrow. Nope, instead, I'm still working on my thesis AND stressed out about tomorrow.
AHHHHHHHHHH. Okay, that's a lie. I AM SO EXCITED! Ms. W's class will be swimming to success in less than 10 hours!!!
I am promising myself right now that I need to take out a solid 30 minutes of my life tomorrow to blog about my first day. My roster is down to 18 kids, 15 of those ELL, 1 non-ELL and 2 who already exited ELL. I have 2 kids with IEPs.. and that's all I know.
My school is a bunch of holy rollers. That is not a joke. I prayed three times today. As in faculty meeting, team meeting and at lunch that was provided by the local Baptist church. There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the south. Wait until the rest of the faculty finds out I don't believe in our Holy Father Jesus Christ.
Also, my portable (classroom outside/trailer) was switched because my last one had a gigantic hole in it. Pictures to come soon. I also did a before-during-after-not yet finished-but will be finished soon photo session in Ms. Kayleigh's Kottage. As soon as I figure out how to put up pictures, you will be amazed at my (not so creative) artistic abilities.
WISH ME LUCK - HERE GOES ONLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE. I want to write "WHO THE HELL IS PUTTING ME IN CHARGE OF 18 LIVES?!?" but instead I'll say.. here goes another adventure and I cannot wait to meet my kids!!
No comments:
Post a Comment