Sunday, August 15, 2010

Teach like your hair is on fire - literally.

I'll keep this brief because I am a bit overwhelmed. The publication deadline for the journal is today and I am magically still 7 pages over the 30 page deadline. By noon, it will be chopped down to 30. You watch.

OKAY - so.. teach like your hair is on fire.. literally. Great book - better story. So the teachers went out last night, including some of the '09ers who like to have a lot of fun and really have no respect for anyone or anything. So we're at Arshia's celebrating her birthday and Sarah thought it would be nice to get her a pinata. How Arshia's apartment complex didn't kick us out or call the cops, I'm still unsure. We were being ridiculously loud and we could hear the party from outside, three floors down when we showed up. So, we bring the pinata outside and hang it up near a lamp. D-U-M-B. So, Arshia is smacking away blindfolded at this pinata and missing like crazy. Eventually, she hits it a few times. Hurricane Jake ('09) says "let's set the pinata on fire" and all 30 of us assume this is a joke. Uhm.. try again. He walks under the pinata and pulls out a lighter. Moments later, it is completely on fire. Everyone is screaming and my first instinct is to hit it to put it out. There was nothing around me, so I go to smack it with my hand. D-U-M-B. However, as I am motioning over to take care of the small fire happening on the first floor lobby of her complex, Justin (his best friend) grabs the handle of the broom and smacks the pinata until the fire goes out. Everyone is pretty terrified, continually laughing out of nervousness and like "wtf just happened." This is the first time new roommate Kristie has gone out with us, I can't imagine she'll be coming out too much more. We are teachers.. you think some of these people would have more common sense. And that's coming from me!

Other highlight from last night. We went to a club called "Hollywood Disco" .. reminded me of the Keg. I was DD so I was really soaking up the people watching for quite some time. It was hilarious. Eventually, I took my place on the dance floor - met a very nice gentleman who wanted to chat and dance and I was really enjoying his company. He told me I was beautiful and wanted to know all about me - awesome. So we're together for a while and eventually he asks me "Would I would be interested in watching him play this fall?" Now, I should describe him. 6-foot-5, totally jacked - probably 250 lbs. Clearly, football player size. So, I'm thinking you either play for the Titans or for Vandy. He plays for Vandy. He then clarifies that he is an incoming FRESHMAN. O-M-G I just robbed the cradle. I asked Spencer to tell me what he thought his age was .. he guessed 28. Then I clarified that he's turning 19 in 5 days. I really need to get my life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment