I'll preface this by acknowledging the fact that it could be WAY worse. Today was a little rough but it could have been AWFUL. And there will be days that will be unbearable that leave me sobbing at my desk. Today, not one of those days. In the end, I could probably just laugh about it.. but it was one of the downer days. So with that in mind, I'll vent about the awesomeness that was my day.
1. So, I woke up this morning in my bed and lifted my head like usual. I was especially tired so I snoozed. You think this story involves oversleeping my alarm. Nope. I woke up with blood all over my face and my pillow. This is disgusting - if you don't like blood, continue to paragraph two. So, I now have stress blood bubbles all inside my mouth. As in, big purple blisters of blood inside my mouth .. most likely caused by STRESS, i.e. the children full of disease and germs that like to sneeze on me and share the love by wiping their noses and then touching me. Thank you for these wonderful beings that spread so much love and ...disease.
2. Got to work. Was ambushed by a mother. She was not happy that her daughter got green yesterday in the cafeteria. She asked me "What the hell are you doing in here that my daughter was on green. In the three years she has been at this school, there has been no problem until you. What are you doing wrong?" By the end, she was thanking me for my hard work. However, I know that when I have children, I will never blame the teacher because chances are the child is lying when they get in trouble. She claimed that her daughter cried all night and that she has never hated school until yesterday. Well, I don't know what to tell you kid. You pissed off the lunch ladies.
3. Lost a solid hour of teaching this morning because 1. children were lost on the bus yesterday. I.E. they got on the wrong bus and got off at a random stop. I'm not sure how this happens, but it did. I am on bus duty, somehow I feel responsible.
4. BEST PART YET. Blood AND VOMIT in one day. 8:45 little Ray told me she didn't feel well. Moments later, she was sick on my floor. Now, in a normal situation, you would call the nurse and have her take care of this. Well, at my school, we don't have one of those. So, I call the office. She says she'll send over the custodian with some kitty litter. Ah yes, the kitty litter trick. Well, the secretary told me to call her mother to have her pick her up. Eh hem. I am a teacher, I am wasting TIME calling the mother because I should be TEACHING then. Well, I did not know how to use the phone to dial outside the school so that took some time. Then, I couldn't find the emergency form. Then, the house number was disconnected. Cell phone was turned off. Called dad at work who asked me to call mom at the new house number. Sent little Ray home. Apparently forgot to mention to her mom that there is a 24 hour rule at Metro and therefore, she is not allowed at school tomorrow either. If she pukes again, we're going to have a problem.
5. My kid with the urinary problem was officially moved today. Goodbye constant bathroom runs to the main building. Ah, how I wish we had a bathroom in the classroom. The tinkel gene is killing me these days.
6. Kids cannot work quietly. So, we're not doing that anymore. We're ending centers until further notice. I.E. Monday when the principal will be checking on me and watching me do guided reading/centers.
I feel so much better now that I wrote about all this!! Phew.
So, it could have been worse. I was seriously losing my patience today. However, if I go in tomorrow ready to work and ready to learn and energized and loving, it will be a fantastic day. I know it. I can feel it!! Positive thinking will make this job so much easier. The thing is, it's not really a job.. it's sort of a calling. Let's do thisssss!
No comments:
Post a Comment