Sunday, August 29, 2010

Karaoke, the best way to end any rough week teaching.

Natalie had a bunch of '09ers over for Sean's birthday and invited a few of us young one's so we headed over there after a dinner of epic proportions. Kristie, Spencer and I are really into this family dinner business. (By the way, we also discovered our theme song during dinner.

Also, which was an awesome coincidence, I ran into Mallory at Frothy Monkey when I was meeting with the second grade team. She moved down here two weeks ago but we hadn't had the chance to hang so she brought over her roommate and we had a little NU love in the pool yesterday afternoon. She ended up also coming out with us!

Oh yes, so we went to Natalie's and all hung out and it was really nice. None of our friends get to see each other except on the weekends and Fridays are really a wasted night. Most people are exhausted by the time Friday comes around (I am sure this is the same for every single working person and I am continually impressed that some people manage to go out both Friday and Saturday). Around 11:30, after some cold hot dogs and cake, we headed out to Red Door. It was a pretty busy place and there was no cover. I was not pleased when he told me my cran/vod was $7, especially because I live in the south, but it happens. I met a boy who was in his 4th year of his Engineering PhD program at Vandy and went to Columbia for undergrad. Ah, how I am attracted to young and successful and intelligent men (and apparently men with lisps because Spencer claims this is the second one I've found in two weeks). Point is, Annalise complained that he was sweating on her arm and grabbed me and we walked away. Happy 26th Birthday to you (I cannot remember your name!) but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your special night.

So, we went across the street to this bar called "Losers" - it's usually pretty fun on the weekends but they said they reached capacity and weren't letting anyone else in all night. The bar looked empty and not very much fun anyway so we didn't really care too much. Next door, ironically, is a bar called "Winners" so we headed there. When we walked in, we heard some terrible karaoke going on and thought it was a joke because it sounded so awful. We eventually found a table right in front of the karaoke stage and parked ourselves. Soon, we were the life of the bar. We were dancing, helping others with the words and we got the majority of the bar to get into it. Mind you, there were some seriously awful singers.. us included, but it was a pretty good night. Shout out to the two guys that turned Love Shack into a heavy metal song! Hence, the title of last night's post - Love Shack Bitches. Spencer sang a country song and we were all impressed with his singing capabilities - Cari also took a video so that's out there somewhere. A bunch of us sang Kelly's theme song, Walking on Broken Glass and realized we only knew the chorus so .. we laughed a lot and danced a lot. We also had this adorable old man dancing with us. Overall, successful evening.

Today is the five year anniversary since Katrina - crazy to think it was that long ago. Thank you to Ali, Annie, Coady, and Rachel for everything you do down there! We'll say an extra prayer for y'all at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment