So, my kids love talking about animals. I may have lied to them and told them that I had a cat named Brownie. They ask about him/her every day. I can't actually remember right now if he is supposed to be a boy or a girl.. I guess I'll figure that out soon enough.
Point is, every day we talk about different animals. Kieren loves gorillas. Jessie loves her puppy. And of course, every day I hear "I had a cat/puppy/fish.. but he died." That would be a first year teacher mistake.
What else happened today? I discovered that many of my children are terrified of lightning which is particularly hilarious because I am in a portable (i.e. a metal box they call a classroom.)
I still feel pretty ineffective as a teacher so I'm concentrating on procedures the rest of the week and review from first grade. I downgraded one of my behavioral kids from blue to green to yellow today so he has detention with me during recess tomorrow. I feel bad, but I gotta lay down the law now.
Chelsy called today, which was awesome. Keep your fingers crossed (say a prayer if you work at my school and have a solid minute of silent prayer during morning announcements) that she gets an offer next week in Texas. Also, I realize that I suck at staying in touch. The BEST time to call is right after school ends between 3:30 and 5:30 central time because I usually get in the car around 6-7 to drive home.
Wish us luck tomorrow - we're doing the short a.. ahh ahh ahh ahh (all the rain drops and lemon drops and gum drops.. oh what a rain that would be!
No comments:
Post a Comment