Today was our first four hour graduate class. I am exhausted. Sitting down right now to write this is the first free moment to myself that I have had since I woke up at 5:15am. My planning period included a 45 minute long IEP and before class, we had a grade-level team meeting. Did I mention I have no idea what I am teaching in the morning.. in a mere 10 hours. Which means, I need to wake up even earlier so I can create assessments.
All in all, a better day. It was Joshua's birthday so his mom brought cupcakes around 2pm. EXTREME SUGAR MELTDOWN for the rest of the day. At class, I got to hear more about everyone's school and classes. I shouldn't be complaining because many others have it wayyyy worse than me. I just need to start actually teaching. Declan and I had this discussion on the way back to our cars which included "Wow, these children may be adversely affected by our teaching, for the rest of their lives." I NEED TO STEP IT UP.
TGIF!
No comments:
Post a Comment