Sunday, November 14, 2010

Feeling recharged!

Saturday started off super lame after spending 6 hours in a Vanderbilt lecture hall. Took 2 Praxis tests.. fingers crossed I passed! I made it home right around 2pm so I could see Northwestern beat #13 Iowa!!! It was great watching NU rush the field and trying to find people in the crowd that we knew. Go 'Cats! Unfortunately, Dan Persa had surgery last night and is out for the season. Sad :( We said an extra prayer last night for a speedy recovery.

After that, it felt only appropriate to bring my solo cup of Mike's Hard Limeade to the business center to finish my lesson plans. Yes, I think I have hit a new low.

Spencer, Cari and I went to Natalie's for a pumpkin dinner party. Yummy!! She made pumpkin pasta and a pumpkin and squash salad. Dessert included pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake. We discussed throwing a t-eff-a Thanksgiving pot luck with the whole corps but our apartment cannot fit 100 people. If y'all know a person interested in hosting the pot luck, let me know!

There were a bunch of our friends at Taco Mamacita so we went and met them afterward. It was so nice to all be together again - felt like dinner in the Georgia Tech dining hall all over again (plus Margaritas of course). Highlights included: Anthony was called out for wearing crocks, Kristie was refused butter to go with her tortilla chips by the waiter, and Teddy went with a Dirty Sanchez (beer and tequila shot). We hit up Red Door after that and ran into Beau. We chatted for a really long time until Kristie and I thought we were going to fall asleep from exhaustion and we called it a night. Overall, successful Saturday!

ABC Family is about as excited about HP7 as our apartment is and they are doing a marathon this weekend. I am pretty sure in preparation for seeing it twice in 18 hours, we should watch every movie until Thursday. Everyone is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment