In all seriousness though, it was a solid Monday. The kids were anxious by the end of the day, but I did my best to make past and present tense verbs exciting. It is amazing to me that they can regroup but cannot tell me which is the ones and which is the tens place. That being said, I am excited that I will be back in NJ in just 11.5 instructional days, 2.5 PD days, some t-eff-a seminars and some holiday parties mixed in the middle. Days like today make me think I want to continue teaching.. fingers crossed the rest of the week is this good.
Tonight: flash flood warning resulted in me leaving shortly after tutoring and then I headed to Lipscomb to use the gym. They are running a deal for unlimited classes spring semester for only $75 so I'm thinking I'll make that investment in the near future.
Came home and spent some time with the roommates and Oprah. Kristie made some type of rockin' dinner in the crock pot (thank you for saving my starving butt!)
Liz came over and brought some wine. Kristie had to tape something for class and I had to serve as the overzealous third grader learning about syllables. My sorority plastic cup filled with red wine definitely brought the film together.
We proceeded to play a game way better than Apples to Apples (even the Jewish version!). It's called "Cards Against Humanity" and it was amazing. I think we might break it out again this weekend with a larger group. Overall, solid/hilarious Monday night. Let's make it a great week boys and girls .. we're half way there (to the end of this school year!).. ooh..
No comments:
Post a Comment