Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let's get together and feel alright.

All I wanted to do today was bang my head against my desk, over and over. Or give my class a serious nap time. Today was rough - kids were crazy and my 11am migraine lasted all day. Amanda took one look at my and knew it was a bad day. I try to look upbeat when I am around other teachers, but she knows me well enough to have figured out it was not a good day.

Joshua's parents got back together. Apparently Joshua used a 8:15am excuse that he is going to be crazy because his dad is back and all he wants to do is go home and see him. This was craziness that I battled all day.

Daylight Savings Time is negatively affecting my work ethic. It's nice to go to work with sunlight but I feel extremely nervous leaving work later than 5pm. All of the lights are out outside my portable and the floor light on the building is also out. I am also the farthest portable from the parking lot so I actually need my cell phone to see about two feet in front of me. The custodian has sufficiently freaked me out that someone is hiding under there about to rape me so I am trying to leave earlier. The problem is, I am never ready to leave that early. I am considering leaving my apartment at 5:15 and working hard in the morning so I can leave before sunset after school. We'll see.

I cannot remember if I wrote about this already or not but it's definitely noteworthy. Kindergarten students were doing show and tell last week and they were supposed to bring in something that smells nice. Little Suzy thinks her sock drawer smells so wonderful that she decided to bring in a pair of socks. Well, Little Suzy has some seriously eff-ed up parents who store their stash in her sock drawer. I.E. Little Suzy brought in a pair of socks and a bag of weed to school last week. Needless to say, child services got involved. Little Suzy is now a responsibility of the state of Tennessee.

Okay, so that was generally depressing. In my attempt to keep myself uplifted, some happy things to report:
1. Will see Harry Potter Part 1 twice in one day on November 19th. One at 12:05am and one VIP free viewing at 7pm. I cannot wait!!
2. Jess sent me a wonderful, uplifting email today!
3. Bennett texted me
4. It was two punch Tuesday at Sweet Cece's
5. Glee was awkward and great

Let's get together and feel alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment