Few noteworthy things to mention:
1. The last thing I ever want to hear at 7:55am is "There's a mouse!" How that critter got inside the portable is beyond me. Imagine it: Joshua on top of a desk screaming! Anna attempting to chase after it. Elvis grabbing the broom and Ollie grabbing my leg. I think there was a moment when I stopped just to quickly observe the scene around me. That's right about the moment when I started laughing and seriously had trouble stopping.
2. I hate to admit this, but I actually like this Lipscomb class. The professor is actually teaching us useful things that I can implement in my classroom immediately. Not to mention that I sent her an email last week and she sent me an entire week's lesson plan on Stellaluna. Da bomb. Really though, I am so surprised with how awesome this class is.
3. Dr. C asked me point blank, "What's wrong? You look terrible." Well, Dr. C, I have behavior issues in my class because of something completely out of my control, papers due in my masters class, two Praxis tests on Saturday and I haven't seen my parents since July. I think I went with "Just tired, but ready to close that gap." He told me I needed a life and told me to get back to work. I'll take it.
4. School book fair preview is tomorrow. I am actually really excited to drop some serious money on books for my classroom. My professor sent us a list of 200 children's books that are must-have's for classroom teachers. I figure I'll probably teach a couple years, so I might as well make the investment now. Not to mention, I love children's literature. (Did I mention I am seeing Harry Potter twice on November 19th? yay!!)
Week 12 almost down - crazy how fast the time flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment