Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Break!

I'm writing from Ann Arbor, Michigan after a long, relaxing weekend in Stephen's frat house! A much needed rest, for sure. Amanda drove me straight to the airport from school and I was only delayed two hours, so I got in very late on Tuesday night. Stephen's roommate Dave picked me up and then we went back to the Phi Delt frat house and hung out the rest of the night. I think we ordered pizza, but I'm not entirely sure. I want to preface this by saying that I consumed more pizza this weekend, than I ever did in college.

Wednesday, we woke up around 11am, ate in the dining hall (oh boy!), and Dave and I hung out while Stephen went to class. What type of professor holds class at 1pm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving?! Dave left us and Stephen and I spent the afternoon enjoying Four Lokos (I'm loco for dem Lokos!) and this ridiculously eff-ed up movie called "Splice". It was too much for me so most of the time I had my jacket in front of my eyes.

At 10 on the dot, Stephen and I hit downtown Ann Arbor for a bar crawl of sorts. We only had problems at one bar. We both look young and his ID says NJ and mine says TN. Regardless, Stephen convinced me that 5 shots and a long island in 90 minutes were a fantastic idea. After making some friends, we headed back to his "summer home apt" and ordered more pizza. Apparently, the manager convinced me that a chocolate/mint milkshake would also be appropriate. Yumm. We go back to the house and soon decide it is time to go home. Stephen does not want to walk 20 minutes (that's why I loved NU's small campus!) and he hails what we think is a cab. I get inside and say, "Wow, it smells like pizza in here!" We are then notified that we actually got in a pizza delivery car, not a cab. Stephen hands the dude 8 bucks and he takes us home. I forgot to mention that we drunk dialed Pop at 11:35 between two bars. I think he should be flattered that he was the first person we thought to call. Love that guy.

There was a bit of schedule changes for Thanksgiving Day. We ended up dining at Dave's house about 45 minutes away from Ann Arbor. It was a lovely dinner with his family and we brought Natty the Fratty Catty. BTW, she loves me. She slept with me almost every night in Ann Arbor!! Roommates: is it possible for us to babysit her this summer?! I'll be the only one in the apartment and I'll be lonely and she is cute and adorable and wtf, am I turning into a cat lady?! Let's hope not.

We hit the mall at 9pm on Thursday night to wait for the opening at 11pm. Standing in freezing rain and snow was really the highlight of the night, second only to be trampled when the doors opened. Those people were NUTS. They were giving away bags to the first 100 people (and we were definitely one of them) but people behind us were pushy and grabbing and my small stature prevented me from getting a bag. Ends up there was a coupon for free coffee inside the bag.. definitely worth angry mob.

Rest of the weekend consisted of relaxing, watching the first season of Community (definitely my new favorite show - better than Glee - and will be tivo-ed started immediately). I was fortunate enough to see Jen Klink (my old Phonathon boss and favorite person) for lunch this afternoon. So exciting to see her!!

A few more hours with Stephen and Natty before returning to Nashville for three more weeks until holiday break! There were many things to be thankful this Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment