Monday, November 1, 2010

Goodnight Moon

Tutored for the first time today. I should probably start creating lesson plans for these because I winged it. Not the best way to teach children how to read. I got in trouble with the assistant principal because he thought having parents pick up their children at my door to the portable at 4pm made me more likely to get raped. I am pretty sure that that is the last thing I need to worry about. I stay way later than that in the pitch black.. I am much more terrified when I leave and/or arrive than at 4pm. Nonetheless, I will be walking the children to the office for pick-up from now on.

I will be very excited to vote tomorrow, if not for the change, but because these stupid catty commercials will be no longer!

Liz made us dinner tonight - so yummy and definitely made it a marvelous Monday.

Everyone is so excited that we only have to teach four days this week, but I'll be honest, I am way more nervous about parent teacher conferences than teaching. I cannot wait to tell Shelia's parents that I think something is actually wrong with her. That's going to be such a great convo. I think there will be breakthroughs though. Maybe some kids will do their homework more frequently, some children might actually study for spelling tests and maybe we'll have a change in overall behavior. If nothing else, I'll have the chance to see why my children are the way they are (good and bad).

Ms. Mansfield sent me a really uplifting gchat today - thanks for being so optimistic!

Exhaustion is setting in and I'm falling asleep on the couch. Goodnight moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment