A stray great Dane wandered into my classroom today while teaching. I think I am going to think twice about leaving my door wide open doing the day with children present. In my defense, the classroom was so warm that I had to put the AC on. (While re-reading this post, I realize that I am more worried about the heat in my classroom than the well-being of the children in my classroom. I swear I am a good person!)
_____
Me: Put the shits on my desk. Sheets. Sheets! Put the sheets on the desk!
______
Joshua: Ahh I hate you.
Me: I should make you stay in here and eat lunch with me again. How about that for a punishment?
Joshua: My mom said you can't do that. You can't keep me in your classroom with just me. You're going to get in BIG trouble.
(When discussing this with Amanda, she did in fact verify that Joshua could claim that I inappropriately touched him and could get in big trouble. I need to reconsider ways to get Joshua back for driving me nuts sometimes.)
So, Caesar is actually a newcomer. Been in the good US of A for 3 months. He currently knows 21 of his 26 letters/sounds and 22 sight words. Let's get 'er done.
Liz just informed me that tomorrow is Thursday. What a fast week! (Also, I will again have a four-day week because of PD on Friday. Next week, hopefully, will be the first full week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment