We're bringing back Wine Wednesday. Mostly because tomorrow will be snow day #10. I think it's number 11 because we had two early dismissals. But really, whose counting?
The gang came over to color centers and drink wine. The final count was 1 bottle of rum and 4 bottles of wine. There were also 3 beers involved. Mom thinks I have a problem. I think Mother Nature is the one with the problem.
Hmm.. 4 day weekend? The group is split - some say school Friday, others disagree.
Carly made me a card today. Yesterday was up there in worst days of school ever. Got a new student. He's way behind where he needs to be. We have a ton of work to do with little Caesar. So he heard me scream all day long instead of the loving embrace that I typically allot the kiddies. I needed a break today - thank you PD. Ironically, on behavior management. Seriously though, Carly wrote me a letter with a picture of me and Brownie (you know, the made-up cat) and it said "Have a happy day!". It's because she knows we haven't had a happy day in a long time. Despite being in a terrible mood, we're trucking through. I know the days are going to get better soon - once we're in the swing again of 5 day weeks. Even though this week was definitely not a 5 day week, we're going to pretend like we made some academic gains.
Did I mention that we had a talk with the principal about being taken over by the state in the next 18 months? We're not making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) as a district and in 18 months the state will come in and take over all schools Metro. Being a non-tenured teacher at that time, I'm pretty much screwed.
Signing off from the "blizzard" - ridden state that is TN, Ms. W.
Hey dude, so you missed an awesome planning time today! It took us the whole hour just to plan Reading. Oh, and I think we could possibly have school Friday. Tomorrow the high is 41 and it is supposed to be sunny. Wish I could have joined you for Wine Wednesday- I had Rum Wednesday all by myself. :)
ReplyDelete-Mrs. S
PS. If you need help with Ceasar, let me know. I have two NES kids, so I know it can be tough.