I feel very blessed to have 21 Valentine's in my life today. To my utter surprise, the children brought Valentine's cards, candy, stuffed animals, a vase of chocolate, more chocolate, and even a balloon. It was seriously better than Christmas in my classroom. During the party, I sugared them up with cupcakes and they had a dance party. I seriously wish I was allowed to post pictures online because America's Funniest Home videos has nothing on my classroom.
In sad news, OTTO IS MOVING TO HONDURAS TOMORROW :( I am still really upset that I did not get to say goodbye because he came during specials (my planning) to get all of his belongings. Unfortunately, I was tied up in a meeting and had no idea he was looking for me. As much as he is a total mess, he is an adorable mess and I am really going to miss his ridiculousness.
My new student Caesar showed me today that he does not know how to write his last name. BY THE WAY, HE WAS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES. He also was not aware that spelling your name with a capital letter is a must. It's just frustrating that we pour our heart and souls into this job and someone at another Metro school thought it was okay to never teach Caesar his last name OR how to capitalize it in 3 freaking years. UGH.
I refuse to let that minor setback ruin my awesome day. The children were really funny today and super excited about Valentine's Day, the sun was shining and it was 63 degrees out, and I have some new stuffed bears to cuddle with. Solid day overall.
All in all, my love of teaching was renewed today.
No comments:
Post a Comment