Scholastic sent me some serious love today - thank you to those wonderful people in NY/NJ. They not only sent my kids a ton of new books, but also sent me tons of teacher materials that will for sure come in handy!!! (I was joking with Amanda that they sent me so many "how to teach writing books" because they read the thank you cards I sent from my students and clearly were nervous I was not doing a good enough job.)
While leveling my library after school, a Pre-K girl in Fun Company pulled the fire alarm. Being in a portable, we have our own fire alarm - and my word, it was LOUD. Usually they just come on the loudspeaker and announce that there is going to be a drill, but a. this wasn't a drill, b. it was after school so the police and fire trucks had to come, and c. there were no principals around to shut the damn thing off. I think my eyes might still be ringing. Like any rational person, I did not exit the portable but pumped the music louder.
Amanda and I attempted to see the Vagina Monologues at Vandy tonight - and of course, the calendar of events she found was from 2007, not 2011. The performance was actually 2 weeks ago, so that was a bummer. Despite being a very vocal feminist, I have actually never seen the show. Until next year!
Instead, she toured me around East Nashville. I'm not sure I've ever really been on the "other side of the river". Considering until about 2 months ago I thought the "river" was the Mississippi River and not the Cumberland, I think it's about time I made it over there. We drove around and she showed me all the cool bars and shops.
Emmy is observing me tomorrow, so say a little extra prayer that the kids can handle sitting down for a solid hour in the afternoon tomorrow. Say a special prayer that Joshua doesn't go ape-shit and throw another tantrum mid-observation. That's the beauty of teaching, you seriously NEVER know what will happen.
I'll leave you with some Shelia love.
Michelle: Shelia told me I'm ugly.
Me: It's 8:10am. It's a little too early for this girls.
Shelia: I didn't call her ugly - I told her she's not pretty.
Me: Remember that lesson on synonyms?
No comments:
Post a Comment