Wahooo.. it took 6 weeks but they got us cable in my classroom table! They had to drill a hole in the walls during guided reading time so they could connect the cable wires from my first portable to the current classroom. I am still without a printer or projector but we're rolling in Ms. Kayleigh's Cottage. I don't even think my kids are upset by it, i.e. they have no idea what they could be using.
I was definitely frustrated again today, but that happens. I work with small children - if they didn't annoy me I would be a saint. And we all know that is not true. That being said, tomorrow is FUN FRIDAY! Wahoooo. I assess the crap out of those kids and we will do marathon science. Apparently, I need 15 science and 15 social studies grades. Tomorrow, my goal is word study, grammar, reading, and math assessments and 4 science grades. Let's rock and roll second grade.
I told my children I was going to "Blow their minds" today when I taught them 4th grade math. One of my favorite ELLers freaked out and started to cry. "What's wrong? What happened?" "Ms. W, don't hurt us! Don't kill us. That's why I came to US." It's moments like these that I remember how great my life is and how fortunate I am to have the family and friends that are in my life. That poor child will probably suffer from PTSD for quite some time after years in a refugee camp. What are we doing to our children in this world?
No comments:
Post a Comment