On my way to professional development this morning, I left at 7:32. On average, it takes me 7 minutes to get there and I thought I would have time to grab a hot chocolate. Well, I didn't realize the marathon would stop city traffic entirely. After making illegal u-turn after illegal u-turn, some fellow tfa-er friends called to say they were also stuck at 21st. At this point, I was only a block behind them, so I pulled up into the long line and sat in traffic. It seemed appropriate to turn off my car and take out my basal so I could start planning Reading for the week. Eventually, every single car between Emma, Declan and my car (about 25) turned around. Now, we were all waiting at the stoplight as thousands of female marathons walked past us. (I would have been walking too! It was mile 11 where I was standing.)
So, I did what I do best. I got out of the car, locked it and started jumping up and down and cheering on those marathoners. My friends thought I was crazy, but I think I really helped to inspire those women on their journey. They no longer walked with their heads down, they cheered back at me. Eventually, Declan and Emma cranked up their radios and played music for the walkers. It was pretty hilarious I'm sure.. but it really made me feel so much better. I think my voice is entirely gone at this point, but it really started this Saturday on a positive note. Most importantly, I laughed and it was so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment