The Stage on Broadway was packed with NU alumni this evening. Special guest appearances made by the one and only ex-QB CJ, Phonathon's leading man Mitch AND.. wait for it, Blake from Pike. I will add that Blake will most likely be spending the night at the Grove (i.e. Kelly is just a freak in the bed).
I severely burnt myself with a curling iron today on my neck/chest. Owweeees.
My kids think I'm ridiculous.. I made them do the "da dad da daaaa" and roll your arms and pick up your legs all the way from the portable to the building today up that giant hill. The maintenance men working on the grass thought I looked ridiculous (i.e. laughed at me openly..) but it made the kids happy. I also talk to people on a regular basis like they are a child - I'm working on turning off the teacher voice when around real people.
School-wise TODAY WAS OUR BEST DAY YET. The kids were fantastic. Amazing. Wonderful. ELL kids just want to please and today, success! Even Joshua was on the ball!!
Interesting moments today:
1. One of my students came into school today with a staff infection in her eye. SHE CAME INTO SCHOOL AND SAT IN MY CLASSROOM FOR 4 HOURS BEFORE SHE WAS SENT HOME. I WAS EXPOSED TO SOME CONTAGIOUS INFECTION. AHHHH
2. Michelle, my sass mobile said "I don't want to do Fun Friday, I want to keep doing math!!" Breakthrough. I hope so.
3. At the end of the day, one of my students asked "Are we getting homework this weekend?" And I said, no. There was a classwide "Awwww.." .. so I put homework out.. and what the heck, they took it to do. I'll be interested to see who actually does it, but nonetheless, I'll take it.
BIG DAY TOMORROW. WILDCATS WILL HAVE THEIR FIRST BIG WIN OF THE SEASON! Tailgates, my good friend Andre and purple pride.. I think it's a much needed break from reality. I.e. I might have a life again, even if just for a weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment