Today was the first time I legitimately did not want to get out of bed. I considered drinking coffee to wake me up.. made the coffee and dumped it before I took a sip. I decided I can be a great teacher sans cafe. Fact: I needed coffee.
Mistake number two: not eating breakfast or lunch.
Mistake number three: reading "My Name is Yoon" to the kids. Not only did they hate the book, were bored by the book but it was like animals had taken over my classroom. I was annoyed and frustrated and generally upset by their behavior. I bored them. That's my fault. I just was so happy for them to leave at 3pm and that hasn't happened yet. I didn't even want to pick them up after lunch - I thought to myself "what if I just went home now?" and knew that I was definitely doing the negative Nancy thing.
I left at 5:15 (might be a new record minus days when I have grad class) because I am so physically exhausted. Got to catch up with Chelsy and Glen on the ride home (miss you both so much!) which really cheered me up.
But alas, tomorrow will be a better day. I can feel it. The kids were just having an off day and that happens every once in a while. In the end, I should probably take full blame for being grumpy and impatient.
Liz had a rough second grade day too so we're going to watch Glee together before falling asleep. I know that if I get a full 7 hours tonight, I will be in top form tomorrow. Those kids deserve a great teacher (especially one that is excited to teach!). I am just going to erase today from memory and remember that I love my kids and I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment