Took the kiddies to the Nashville Symphony today. Apparently if you are free and reduced lunch, you get free stuff all of the time. So, all of the second grade got on school buses (without seat belts) and drove downtown. For many of my children, this was their first time seeing the big city. I got to do mini-lessons all over the place about the governor's capital building (i.e. the White House of Nashville), the Symphony and many other fancy things many kids have never seen.
We get to the Symphony and clearly 7 year olds do not have the attention span to sit through such a long (47 minute long show). I was actually impressed - my class was so well behaved and they kept it together. Many other children in other classes were out of control. My kids followed the directions (for the most part) and did what they were supposed to. I think many feared that today would be their last field trip if they messed up.
Funny stories: Joshua and I sat on the bus together. He got a yellow star from the sub today and I was pissed off. So we bonded on the bus today. I am not going to lie - he is definitely my favorite child in the class no matter how hyper he is.
In the middle of the second song, he turns to me and says "Can we go home? I'd rather be learning." SCORE.
Keith asked me if I could play the harp. He told me, "You look like you have magical fingers!" Oh, if he only knew (just kidding). (Yeah.. Mom, if you are reading this, please edit this before you send this to Pop Leo.)
Also, there was a new record of criers today. We had 4 in one day. I think it's because the kids' schedule was messed up. We went to the library and two kids lost their books so the librarian gave them a beat down and they cried. Thanks, just what I wanted to deal with. African Andy cried today too - he is moving to Washington, DC tomorrow. I am going to miss the little bugger. Carly didn't understand the long u and freaked out. She's my highest reader - I'm not really sure why there was a need to cry. I feel like she just values her education so much that a minute of wasted learning time just brought her to tears.
Well, sarcasm means that I should probably get into bed and start writing assessments for tomorrow.
OMG WAIT: I totally forgot. I had a dream last night about the Civil War!! I think I was cheering in favor of the South. I am also sad to admit that some type of funky accent is starting to accrue and I am freaking out about it a little. Okay, but seriously, in favor of the South? Can someone please ship me a pizza or bagel or something?
No comments:
Post a Comment