While I sit here and watch Glee (love GLEE!), I'll share some of the ridiculous comments made today.
1. Katie came in this morning and said casually to me, "Good morning Ms. W. My uncle went to jail last night. When do you think he'll come home?"
2. Now I am officially responsible for writing down every peculiar thing that Sheila says and does. I contacted the School Psychologist today for an official support team meeting and she'll be interviewed and tested by that team to see if she really does need extra support. I think this is probably where I should stop including Shelia comments in my blog, but I feel like she really adds a dimension to my classroom. For example, I had to do to Running Record testing (reading level testing) with my children today. Shelia was sitting in the chair next to me and I was giving directions to the class. She decided it was a perfect time to lick my hand. No comment. This was then added to the list of "weird" habits she has.
3. The team leader harassed me again to find out if I was on board with the rest of the teachers. I said of course. She then asked me point blank in the classroom if I have been lying to her these past few months. So.. that means, I lied about not being on board AND about the fact that I wouldn't lie to her. Busted.
4. I have started a label in gmail entitled "Feel Good Emails" .. many of you have been awesome over the last few months and I read your emails whenever there is an iffy moment at school.
5. Any of you that have known me for a long time know that I am obsessed with Sudoku. I've had two Sudoku books that have literally traveled worldwide with me over the last four years. These books have been in NJ, IL, CA, TN, FL, France, England, Germany, and Austria.. and last night, I finished the last puzzles in those books. It felt.. so weird. I know this is a stupid Sudoku book, but they have been a serious part of my life. (This might be a sign that I need more friends haha)
6. So I shared at one of our t-eff-a professional development seminars that every night before I go to bed, I write a post-it note that I can read in the morning. It is the "reason I am excited to be alive" each day. Tonight's post it will say, "Be excited to be alive. You are seeing Darius Rucker in concert tonight!" Oh yeah Nashville.
No comments:
Post a Comment